Sunday, October 3, 2010

Letting it go

I am grateful for many things in my life. Lately I have been reflecting on all the people in my life, specifically our circle of friends. I know I have mentioned more than once how I stress over how people are going to react to Mary. I came to the conclusion that it's not Mary's behavior I am concerned with. It's mine, or what I think people with think of me. I guess I'm afraid they are going to feel uncomfortable with they way she is behaving or what she is saying, and that I am letting her, well, basically be herself.

We have a wonderful little circle of friends, and everyone loves and accepts Mary. Even my friends children are great with her. So why do I still fee this way? I know it is silly, and I don't think for a minute that any one of my friends feels uncomfortable with her. I have three other children, and there are things Mary will say or do that my other kids would never get away with. If it weren't for that, maybe I wouldn't worry so much. I just wouldn't know any better.

It amazes me how you can go on with a belief or behavior without consciously thinking how ridiculous it is. Then all of a sudden it hits you, and your like, "what the heck is wrong with you"! So now, when I start to head towards Mary to stop her, I will try to stop myself, and just let it go. I feel so blessed and grateful for all the people in our lives, that it will bring me to tears at times. I need to start thinking that maybe they are just as grateful to have us in their lives as well.

3 comments:

Zibilee said...

It is so wonderful that you have friends who understand you and your family, and who have no trouble in letting you all just be yourselves. You are blessed indeed!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Hey there's Heather! Nice of her to come over! Anyway, I know you are always concerned with what Mary is going to say or do, but you know that you don't need to worry about her with any of us. We consider you family, and we have ALL known her since she was just tiny. Personally I'm concerned with what MY daughter might say or do, not Mary!

Marianne said...

Thank you both! I am also grateful for my friends who actually read my blog! :)