Wednesday, June 9, 2010

School's out!

We are on the second day of summer vacation. While my other kids are completely content with sitting around and watching t.v., Mary is not. Mary starts her day riding her bike down the driveway to pick up the newspaper, she also gets the mail for me this way. Then spends the rest of the day asking what we are going to do. I took yesterday to clean the house, do laundry, and try to get things in order so I can devote the rest of the week to occupying my children. This basically means that I will be devoting my days to keeping Mary busy, while my 11 and 12 year old watch t.v. Of course anything I have planned for her, the other two will not be interested in. If it were up to them, we would be out doing something everyday, which of course will cost money. Money I do not want to spend on a daily basis. Mary is perfectly happy doing things around the house, crafting, swimming, bike riding, etc. My problem is that Mary likes doing all these things.....all the time! We will start something, then she will want to stop, do something else, and it goes on and on. If she is not engaged in something, she will say "what are we gonna do today?", over and over. So I will take a deep breath and try to be as patient as I can!

I do have some weeks here and there when they are in different camps, it's all the in between time that is going to drive me crazy! Somehow in the middle of all of this, I still have to do the things I do on a regular basis just to keep this family running smoothly.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Wishing you strength with this challenge - Do you get any respite at all during a 'normal' week?

Your family looks fabulous in the pic - loving the one of Mary on her own too. Very lucky to have a Mum like you xx